Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I said & He said

I said "Intelligence can only get you so far"
& he said "What do you mean?"
&I said "Well, your brain can only get you so far in life. You know, you have your heart and your gut, too"
& he said "How is your heart? And your gut?"
& I said "My heart is full, but my gut a little wonky."
& he said "I'm a little confused."
& I said "My heart is good. Full of good intentions and love. But my gut doesn't like taking risks...my analytical mind holds it back most of the time."
& he said "Well, that's good. You won't get hurt that way"
but I said "On the contrary. I'm lacking those experiences..those risks I should have taken, but I just let them pass me by."



"I've been worrying that we all live our lives in the confines of fear"

No comments:

Post a Comment