Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chosing your life's course

I want to write about something philosophical and deep and make sure you don't think I'm just some crazy love-struck girl who's in love with Justin Bieber. (okay, I am in love with him, but still..)

I suppose I could write about course selections....gah
As of right now, I think I would like to be a animal physiotherapist. I was all set on it, but then the other day when my mom said 'well, you'd have to be just a physiotherapist first', it kind of set me back a second. I don't want to work with people, sorry. I want animals. Of course, with animals come people, but I don't want to work ON people..you know what I mean. So now I'm contemplating my futur yet again. All I know is I want to do something that betters an animal's well being, primarily canine athletes. So whatever that may be, I would like to do it.



Out of my 10 classes that I need to pick, I have 9 already chosen. English, 2 maths, french, biology (haven't decided if I want to take level 1 again.), chemistry, health and physical education leadership, exercise science and nutrition. I have one more class to pick. I'm thinking either guitar or advanced outdoor pursuits. I would like an easy/fun class to even out my semesters, so I thought these would be viable options; guitar because I have a guitar now, and I'm learning to play (okay, I haven't really started. I know a few chords, but I can't tune it...so it's sitting there beside my bed, in dire need of attention..poor lil Penny. [Her name is Penny from the Beatles song Penny Lane.] ) And outdoor pursuits, because I'm in it now, and I love it. Getting out and doing fun things you probably wouldn't do is great fun!

There you have it, my grade 12 year. Saying that scares me. I can't believe I only have a year and a little bit left of highschool. It doesn't seem real. I know that my grad year will fly by, wishing I'd done more with my innocent times in middle school, because I'll be swamped with homework, and planning my futur. (yuck) As much as I love planning stuff out, I'm not feeling that kind of planning just yet. I don't want to be a responsible adult. I want to be the mature teenager that can get away with doing immature lazy things because I am a teenager, when I don't feel like doing anything.



But I don't want to fret over that right now. Right now, life it good, treating me well. I'm healthy, my dogs are healthy, my family and friends are just the same, I'm doing well in school and that's all that you can really ask for. The rest is just a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment