Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wishful thinking and a little bit of luck.

I think that's my new quote. I was just thinking about things, as per usual, and that popped into my head. I thought it was very insightful and simple. Simplicity is how I strive to live my life. Too many things at once, too much happening stresses me out. I like taking things slow and soaking it all in. I don't know if I've always been like this, or if that came with growing up, but I like it. I do know that when I was younger, I hated crowds, still do. I would cry and cry and cry. My mom used to babysit 15 kids afterschool...it was insane, just to let you know. I don't think there was one special event, like the Easter egg hunt, halloween dress up, Christmas present exhange, caroling - that I wasn't crying. I cried all the time. I think I was scared of all the commotion. But that's alright. I know what I can do and what I can't. I like pushing myself, however, putting myself in situations I know I won't strive in is something I don't usually do.


We went for a hike this morning. It was beautiful out. Er...it was warm, at least. It was windy. Extremely windy. I could barely hear my mom speaking to me, the whooshing of the wind was deafening. It was wet, too. We've been having rain lately. I'm not complaning. Rain melts snow...that's a great thing! The roads were digusting, though. The snow on the trail was ever so soft and we kept falling through, to our knees! Snowshoes are something we're going to have to invest in for next winter...



Today is Toffee's 6th birthday!! Happy Birthday baby girl! I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday that we picked her up and brought her home. I never knew how much she would change my life, nor did I know how much she would teach me. She has by far taught me more than I have ever and will teach her. She's a wise dog, full of spirit. I am the luckiest person alive to have had such a special gift given to me. She's sleeping in the chair beside me right now. Always by my side. That's loyalty.


YES! THAT IS GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRASS! I love grass. I love grass so much. I can't wait until the whole country is blessed with this green gift. SPRING! Coming soon...like in a month!! I can't believe winter is almost over. I can't believe it's march. March 6th, that is. And you know what comes after spring?!! SUMMER! I love summer more than anything...the hot days, cool water, iced tea, lazy days, freckles, sun burns, bare feet, running. I love it all. Counting down the days...


Today is Sunday. Usually, I'm locked in the "dungeon" ..er, the office, doing homework. But today, I had nothing to do. It's march break! So I decided to sketch out a few outfit ideas on paper. I was loving using my right side of my brain instead of the constant usage of the left. That got me thinking, I want to be more creative. I love taking photos. Not always the nicest or most creative, but I like taking them nonetheless. I want to channel my creativeness into something awesome. I made a painting one time..how sad "one time".. I loved spending my time like that instead of being in front of a screen. It was black, witha big red heart in the middle, made into a peace sign. Then I wrote a whole bunch of my favorite quotes and lyrics on it. It filled the board with an aray of different colors and writing styles. I should make another something this week. Anyway, when I was sketching, I thought it would be so much fun to actually make these clothes! I have been wanting to do this for a real long while now, but I thought, why not now?! My mom used to sew, but she says she wouldn't be able to figure it out now, that it's been too long. (ha!) I think this lady that does agility with me, and who is basically family would be able to teach me how to sew. I said to mom as I sat at the kitchen table, ' You can't ever find things that you want in stores these days. And they're far too expensive. It's nothing you want, but you buy it anyways. It's just all what other people want you to wear, not yourself." (okay, I definitely didn't say it like that, but I can't remember how I worded it...it was so profound, too..boo)


I like finding inspiration in little things. I love dreaming. I love finding tranquility in quietness. My New Year's Resolution this year was to get out, experience things, basically stop being a hermit. But getting out, now a days requires money, and we all know I don't spend mine on anything but agility. Of course, you can hang out with your friends, and that's the greatest time spent...but you know what I mean. So today, I decided to change my resolution. *Clears throat* To be more crafty! I want to tap into my inner artsy fartsy self and let all of it out! I think it's great..


You know what else I love doing, being a kid again. So many of us lose sight of what matters in life, and in turn, end up being a straight-egde, no-nonsense kind of guy. Remember what it's like to run around the yard, careless? What about finding the upmost joy in a Sunday morning big-breakfast? Or what about laughing hysterically over absolutely nothing? Remember it, before it's so far gone, you can't even see it.



I can't believe I almost forgot! I should have done another post on this entirely. But I'll make it quick. Yesterday we went to the barn (Mach is a superstar, by the way. So is Tof, but that's nothing nwew :)), and this little guy showed up. His name is Dante, he's a 8 week old Great Dane! The cutesttttttttt thing alive! His paws were so big, his ears were so soft. SO. CUTE. Seeing him reminded me of childhood, and innocence. And how we grow up because of choices that were made and events in our life. I hope this little guy has many good choices and events.

Precious :)

You know what I really really really love? Finding new music. Music is what keeps me sane. I've discovered that listening to music while I train keeps my head on straight. I'm easily frustrated and by listening to music, it made me focus on what really matters. FUN! So what if he popped the weaves over and over and over and over...He's still learning! Success can only come from failure! That's a lesson that's hard for me to learn..I'm still trying to grasp that concept and hold onto it in those kind of training sessions. But I must say, I'm much better than I was! Anywho, MUSIC. Finding it. It's like finding a whole new world! I'm a sucker for the simple, acoustic music. Soft guitar, and a soft voice. Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Joshua Radin, William Fitzsimmons, among others are my absolute favorite. They're so simple and sing about the best things. I love them. Their music just makes you take a deep breath and relax. Complete chill. Goosebumps are a common occurance, too. I stumbled upon these guys as I was reading this super chic, super cool, girl's blog. http://withlovejamie.blogspot.com/ She's pretty awesome and crafty, eh? Also where I got some of my Wanting-To-Be-Crafty-Inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-tnRU0_k8c&feature=related
Such good music.

I wish that everyone stumbled upon something great today.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment